- On Tuesday, Mumbai reported 7,898 new cases and 26 deaths
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has announced a series of strict restrictions in the state till May 1
Amid a spike in coronavirus cases across Mumbai, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has issued guidelines for residents of Covid-19 affected housing complexes. Mumbai civic authority has warned warned of severe action against all the residents who don’t follow the rules. These guidelines will be in place from 8 pm today to 7 am on 1 May. On Tuesday, Mumbai reported 7,898 new cases and 26 deaths.
1) Any Cooperative Housing society having more than 5 active corona positive cases will be treated as as an micro containment zone. These will follow strictly the SOP laid down for micro containment zones.
2) Such societies shall put up a board at the gate informing visitors and deny them entry.
3) All restrictions of micro-containment zones like control over ingress and egress shall be monitored by the society
4) In case of default the society may be fined ₹10,000 in the first instance, Latest instances may attract higher fines as decided by local authorities. This fine may be used to employ supervising personnel to ensure compliance of SOP and these orders by the society.
5) All CHS’s are advised to ensure that all persons coming into the building on a regular basis get their RTPCR/RAT/TruNat/CBNAAT test done till they are vaccinated as per government norms.