End your struggle to get that healthy-moisturized skin during winters, use these natural flower face masks to turn the tables around.
Scoring that flawlessly glowing skin is not easy. All the pollution and the effect of the season on the skin make the process even harder. But despite all the discouraging factors, there’s a lot that can be done to change the scenario. And it is here that home ingredients come in handy. Not only do these ingredients give the skin the desired texture/solution but they also slowly induce a healthful glow on it.
So, if you have been occupied by the thought of finding the right ingredients for this season to achieve that flawless glow, then here are some homemade flower face masks that may help you. Take a look.
Homemade Rose Petals Face Mask
- This is a great face mask that can easily nourish and rejuvenate your skin while simultaneously working on its hydration.
- To make this mask you need fresh roses, we would suggest you avoid the ones available at florist shops as they are hardly left with any nutrients after being sprayed with pesticides.
- So, pluck fresh flowers from the garden and then use them for your face mask.
- Start by separating all the leaves from the rose and using a pestle and motor, make a paste of those petals, add 1-2 teaspoons of water to get a good consistency now add one tablespoon of milk and one tablespoon of glycerin to this semi-liquid rose petal paste.
- Apply the face mask on your skin carefully, and let it sit for an hour, then wash it off with water.
- Talking about the benefits of this face mask, the essential natural oils that are found in rose petals are great for making the skin supple, soft, and smooth.
- Further, the milk acts as a moisturiser and wards off dryness and the dirt present in the skin.
- Moving on to the glycerin, it acts as a moisture-binding agent for the skin and helps in nourishment, and keeps the moisture intact. So, use this face mask for dry and dull skin.
Lotus Face Mask
- The Lotus flower is definitely not the national flower for no reason, it offers a plethora of benefits for the skin.
- Namely, it helps in increasing the skin’s elasticity, erasing fine lines, blemishes, and kicking off the dullness, and helps in introducing a natural glow(add these plant oils to your daily skincare regime) on the skin.
- So, to make this healthy face mask, all you need, grind the petals of the lotus flower into thin water by using a pestle and mortar with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Then to this paste, add masoor dal powder and milk (1 tablespoon each). Blend it all into a fine paste and apply this over your face and neck.
- Then post 20 minutes remove the mask using freshwater. And you will notice a subtle glow on the skin already.
- Moving on to how this mask works, we already know the benefits of lotus petals but in the mask, we have milk and masoor dal powder too, the milk not only replenishes the skin but also boosts the radiance.
- And the masoor dal deeply cleanses the skin and makes it look healthier and plump.
- Jasmine is another flower that works wonders for the skin. And this Jasmine face mask is known for its moisturizing properties.
- Further, it also helps in the deep cleansing and nourishment of the skin. The ingredients in this face mask help establish a visibly brighter glow on the skin.
- Grind the Jasmine petals in a similar method as above then add each of besan(step by step using home ingredients) and milk(1tablespoon).
- Make sure to use raw milk for the process as it is considered to be more beneficial for the skin.
- Apply the paste after blending it well and relax, then take it off after 15-20 minutes and you’re done!
If you liked reading this article then stay tuned to Her Zindagi for more articles like this.